POSTNATAL YOGA – 6 week course
Sundays 12.45 – 1.45pm starting 28 April – 2 June
Each week will have a different focus from looking at the impact of pregnancy and birth on your body, on all levels, and identifying areas to strengthen and soften. Finding a community to share and feel the support of other women in the same place. To gain a deeper understanding of yourself and to give some time to stop and relax, re-rejuvenate and strengthen the body again. The topics range from the wellbeing of mama and some self care tactics, common baby issues with natural healing strategies, a focus on strengthening the pelvic floor, assessing the posture of mama and general restorative yoga practices. All classes will include a physical yoga practice suited to new mums. The course is for mums only 🙂
Week 1 – Mama Wellness:
- Impact of hormones on the physical, emotional and mental body.
- “The birth of a new baby is also the birth of a new mother”… Ina May
Week 2 – Baby Focus
- Common complaints, and natural healing remedies or approaches to these issues (colds, reflux, nappy rash)
- Breastfeeding ails and successes,
- Baby Massage (you will do the practices on yourself so you can practice them at home on your baby)
Week 3 – Pelvic Floor
- Toning, strenthening and elasticity
- Power of the core
- Breath specifics for core strengthening
Week 4 – Psoas and posture
- Psoas muscle in relation to posture
- Psoas muscle release
Week 5 – Well-being and self care tactics
- Emotions, sleep deprivation, hormones
- Tactics for exhaustion
- Nice things to do list to take home and put on the fridge!!
- Home practice outline
Week 6 – Restore and Renew
- Restorative Yoga Class.
About the teacher:
Course is taught by Sacha Eddington a mother 5 children. Sacha has spent many years in research of heath and overall wellbeing and what is best for her children and her own body and is very much looking forward to sharing her wisdom with you.
Cost: $108 for 6 week course comes with 2 free classes for you or your partner within the six weeks. The course is for mums only 🙂